Criteria for Admission into the O&M Program:
- Students applying for admission to the program must have:
- A baccalaureate degree (in any subject) from an accredited college or university
- A 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Two letters of reference
- LiveScan Fingerprinting
- Have taken the C-BEST exam. This is an exam on basic reading, writing, and math skills (required only for credential applicants). Out-of-state students can take this exam during the first semester of enrollment.
Test scores from one of the following exams (required only for Master of Arts applicants):
- CSET Writing Skills Test
- GRE Analytical Writing Test
- GMAT Analytic Writing Assessment
- Paper- or internet-based TOEFL
- IELTS Writing Test
- Pearson Test of English
Steps to Apply:
Detailed information and instructions are available on the Apply Now page of the Special Education website.
- Apply online through Cal State Apply.
- Interested applicants can also attend an information session held by the Credential and Graduate Services Center. Check the website of the SFSU Department of Special Education for upcoming session dates.
- March 15th (Fall semester)
- October 15th (Spring semester)
A Special Note: Students who are granted Fall admission can often take courses in the preceding summer. The deadline for registering for summer courses varies according to the scheduled date on which the course begins. For more information, please contact Dr. Sandra Rosen, O&M Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or 415-338-1245.